Wednesday, September 12, 2012, 7-9pm
@ The Asian American Writers’ Workshop
110-112 W. 27 Street, Ste. 600 (btw 6th & 7th Ave.)
New York, NY 10001
$5 suggested donation
Join us for a screening that showcases short film and video works featured in Her Stories, SAWCC’s 15th anniversary visual arts exhibition currently on view at the Queens Museum of Art. These diverse film and video works touch upon subjects ranging from gender identity to laughing clubs to Bollywood soap operas. The screening will be followed by a Q&A with some of the filmmakers.
Featuring films by Meenakshi Thirukode, Tara Kelton, Shruti Parekh, Sarita Khurana & Chitra Ganesh, Poulomi Desai, Asma Kazmi, Negin Sharifzadeh (Moss), Sadia Salim, Jesal Kapadia.
A Selection of Featured Videos:
1. “Even Grey Feels Blue” by Negin Sharifzadeh Moss
2. “Delicious” by Shruti Parekh
3. “What Remains” by Sarita Khurana and Chitra Ganesh
1. “The Laughing Club” by Jesal Kapadia
2. “Poulomi’s Ode to Young-Hae Chang Heavy Industries and Alex” by Poulomi Desai
3. “Playing Gender” by Asma Kazmi
4. “Leonardo” by Tara Kelton