The South Asian Womxn’s Creative Collective (SAWCC) is currently seeking new members to join the SAWCC Board of Directors. Alternatively, we also welcome anyone who wishes to volunteer. These roles are a great fit for those hoping to gain experience working with South Asian creatives and are interested in supporting SAWCC with its projects and programs.
SAWCC is a nonprofit arts organization dedicated to the advancement, visibility, and development of emerging and established South Asian womxn artists and creative professionals by providing a physical and virtual space to profile their creative and intellectual work across disciplines. SAWCC has been active for 24 years.
We are looking for Board Members that are passionate about our mission and are willing to dedicate their time to ensuring SAWCC’s continued success. The Board Member role is a voluntary 3-year term. The primary responsibilities for Board Members include fundraising, administrative work, board development, event planning, and strategic planning for the future of the organization.
BOARD MEMBERS SHOULD BE:
– Able to commit to monthly Board meetings
– Able to commit 8-12 hours a month to SAWCC
– Passionate about creating a safe space for South Asian womxn creatives to express themselves
– Committed to the constant education and growth of SAWCC and its members
– A team-player and can adjust themselves to the diverse needs of SAWCC
– Since SAWCC is completely Board run, Board members are expected to contribute in one or more of the following areas:
> Strategic Planning
> Money Management
> Program and Event Planning and Development
> Community Outreach and Development
Do you feel unable to commit as a board member, but still want to get involved? We also welcome volunteers who would like to work with SAWCC on a more limited basis, such as helping with social media, or one-off projects, such as supporting a specific event or program.
– Are familiar with WordPress, HTML, and CSS, and can help update our website
– Can help with drafting emails and event descriptions for MailChimp or copy editing/proofreading
– Have interests or expertise in discipline-specific areas and want to collaborate on an idea or help organize public programs, such as talks, panels, workshops, performances, readings, screenings, etc.
These are examples of the work we need help with, but are open to applicants with any qualifications interested in working with SAWCC.
Diverse applicants from groups and communities historically marginalized in South Asia are strongly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY: Please send us the following at firstname.lastname@example.org: with subject line “SAWCC BOARD” or “SAWCC VOLUNTEER”:
1. Your most recent resume or CV.
2. A personal statement in which you outline your interest, goals, and potential contributions to SAWCC’s Board or a volunteer position.
Once we review your materials, we will contact you if selected for an interview.
We look forward to hearing from you!